Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Abigail

On May 28, 2024, Abigail graduated from college. She graduated magna cum laude, and I am really very proud of her. Naturally there was a big ceremony organized bt the college and we were there. Tickets were limited because there were over 3,00 students partaking in the ceremony, but we were lucky enough to get four. My wife and I and my closest(est) friend and his wife attended.

Because of the earlier antisemitic demonstrations at universities and colleges we were concerned that the ceremony might be cancelled but fortunately, it was held and there was no interruption of any kind with the exceptions of a fe Palestinian flag wavings.

Since the ceremony was held in the afternoon we had a celebratory lunch in a nearby Greek restaurant. There were 11 people there and it turned out very nicely. We ate, we drank, and we did not talk about politics and money. And that put everybody in a good mood.

Abigail graduated from forensic science. Her next move is to start in September in another university for her master's degree. Two-year program and we will see what happens afterward. We hope she gets used to studying and will continue for the PHD. But right now, it is too early and also, she does not want to talk about it.

Thinking back, when I met her she was in middle school and now she is a college graduate. Man. how time flies. She grew up to be a beautiful, smart (very opinionated) young lady and I, I am the same as I was when I met her the first time!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment