Sunday, August 7, 2022

Morals

I came to the conclusion that I am an old fuddy-duddy with outdated beliefs and outdated morals. There is nothing wrong with being a little conservative but when certain things do occur, they bother me. Not to the extent that I could not live with them but just to the extent that it forces me to make a comment.

Actually, being old gives us old fogies to criticize everything. It is in the Old People By-laws. We lived longer than most people around us, had seen more than most people around us and that is where our experience comes from.

Abigail's responses to my criticisms are that things are different now than they were when I was at her age. Ok, I accept that but still there are things that I can not just yet accept. There is nothing I can do about it but I do not have to like them.

Teenagers a weird breed. Actually over 19 is not a teenager but they keep behaving as if they were. A 20 year old boy thinks he is a man just because he can get it up and a same age girl thinks she is a woman just because she can let it in! They all think they are adults but at the first problem where do they run? Back to home base to mommy and daddy because they are not capable to deal with any problem life throws at them. Chronologically they are in their 20s but mentally they just barely past 14-15 with no morals.

I heard from more places that lately it is accepted that parents allow these kids to go away alone or even with the parents and wherever they are they get their own separate rooms. And I mean boy and girl together. Parents in one room, the "couple" in another. We can be sure that these kids are not playing video games when they are alone! Maybe part of the night. But we can not stop nature. Even if it is forbidden, they will find ways.

I came to this country alone when I was 20 years old. Now 60 years later I am faced with such an issue. I accept that I skipped a few decades in moral evolution but still. At age 20 or 19 I couldn't dream back home to go away with my girlfriend for a weekend. Her parents would have killed both of us! I was an only child and as a boy my parents were more permissive, but I don't believe to that extent.

Maybe I just had a sheltered childhood, but I don't believe any of my guy friends were in such a situation.

This world is changing very fast for my liking. I can't say stop the world I want to get off.




My morals, and I am becoming an old fuddy doddy 

1 comment: