Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Monday

The Hungarian version of brandy is called pálinka. Although I hate brandy in all its shape and form somehow the Hungarian version I like.

This stuff can be made from any fruit like pear, plum, grape or anything else.

Many families have home made pálinka and they usually have higher alcohol content than the store bought. We had the good fortune to taste a few samples of home made pálinka.

Since I wasn't driving much I really had the chance to enjoy the joys of good drinking. Upon our leaving we received three bottles of this good Hungarian stuff. Customs never even batted an eye and the bottles came home undisturbed.

We still have one bottle left.

It is interesting that if I drink even just a tiny amount of the American brandy it kind of shakes me. The Hungarian version is fine with no after effect.

Maybe it is in my genes.

No comments:

Post a Comment