Saturday, January 28, 2023

Winter Recess

I know that I missed a few weeks of not writing. It is very easy to decide to take a little time off, but it is more difficult to go back and restart things. Doing nothing feels good. Abigail has her winter recess and I kind of picked up her not doing anything also. 

Christmas came and went. New Year came and went. Nothing spectacular happened, they just occurred. Christmas/Hannukah was quietly celebrated while New Year's Eve was a little more "boisterous". Boisterous meant we all had a couple glasses of champagne then at about 2am we went to sleep.

Boy, how things change. I remember way back we went home after a good New Year's Eve party and the sun was already coming up. But that was then, and this is now. But it was not just us. I checked with my friends (similar ages) and they all had the same finish to the old year. Some didn't even wait for the ball to drop but went to sleep earlier. I sked him if he went to sleep earlier how could he be sure that the New Year did come in? He said he was pretty sure it did.

Dumm question, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment