Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Happy Birthday

Today is the birthday of a very good friend of mine. He is the same age as I am, actually 22 days younger than I. That makes me his elder and wiser! Too bad that he lives across the pond because we don't have much opportunity for joint birthday celebrations.

We know each other practically all our lives. For years went to the same schools, lived in the same neighborhood, hung out together. As the result of the 1956 events in Hungary we wound up in different continents. He made his life there while I made mine here. He became a successful businessman and a family man. 

About 30 years ago he visited New York and called me. Ever since then we keep close contact with each other and also had the chance to meet a few times. Not enough if you ask me.

Anyway, I wish him a Happy Birthday, Good Health and Long Life! (for me too) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment