Saturday, October 26, 2019

Reentry

Today is October 27, 2019. My last entry was March 11, 2017. Two and a half years ago and time went by very, very swiftly.

Not much happened except that I started showing (and acting) my age.

My family is doing well. Abigail is finishing her last year of high school and now is in college search mode. She gave up the urge for culinary sciences and actively looking forward to a forensic science career. Finding colleges with this kind of curriculum is not easy but she is adamant in her search. She is a good student with good grades and her mom and I are convinced she will find a good school.

She is still a homebody. 17 years old, beautiful and thank God has no boyfriend. Not that she doesn't talk about it all the time. I kind of implied that if she dares to bring a boy to this house I would probably kill him and finish my life in prison. She is our little girl and would like to keep it that way (at least for a while).

For years Abigail was telling us that she wanted a dog. Naturally I was against it. And, naturally I lost the fight! Now we are the proud (?) owners of an almost three year old maltese who goes by the name of Robin. He is a pain in the butt. Has to be walked every three to four hours and barks a lot. But he is very lovable and is attached to all of us. Mainly to my wife since she is the one who takes care of him the most. Honestly, I love the little guy.

My wife is the rock of this family. Putting up with a teenage and demanding daughter and a grouchy, old husband I am constantly amazed at her energy.

In the time since my last correspondence we visited Canada three times, Hungary a couple of times, went to Hawaii a few times, visited Las Vegas more than once and this August spent a week in St. Maarten. So as you can see we were and are busy.

St. Maarten was exceptionally good. My family had never been there and every year I was dying to have the opportunity to take them, but it couldn't happen. But this year it finally did. I think they loved the place. The weather wa great and the water was even greater. My wife and Abigail met all my friends and they all showed so much love towards all of us that it was very heartening. It was good for me to see them again and it was good for them to meet my family.

Since the year is not up yet we are planning another, shorter trip but we'll see. If flying would be free it would be very easy to go on trips but since it is not it does take some planning!



No comments:

Post a Comment