Thursday, November 7, 2019

Tuesday/Wednesday

Like I said earlier, I would try to write every day. Well, yesterday I didn't write. No particular reason just did not get to it. But today, Wednesday I am here, for what it's worth.

Yesterday was Election Day here. It is not a holiday, yet public schools were closed meaning Abigail was home. I keep saying working for the public school system is the best job of all. They have more no-school days than anybody. At least in New York City.

Next Monday is another off day, it will be Veteran's Day. Last week they had a teacher's conference day which was another no school day.

Like I said it was Election Day. Here in New York it was such an unimportant election that I was surprised people did go out and vote. I usually vote but only on major elections. I will not waste my time on unimportan and strictly politicalt issues. Next year will be a different story!
_________________________________________________________________________________

For a year now we are going to Cleveland. My wife and I have been doing some business there and that makes the trips necessary. It about 470 miles one way and we usually make the roundtrip in one day. I was surprised to see what a beautiful city it is. It is clean, it has several light rails criss-crossing the city and compared to New York traffic is very pleasant.

Cleveland use to have a formidable Hungarian population whose remnants are still there. We already know a good Hungarian restaurant. There are Hungarian meat stores, pastry shops and several Hungarian churches. It seems that we are everywhere.

The drive there is not unpleasant. New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Ohio. The worst is Pennsylvania. It is 310 miles long and boring as hell. Part of the road (Route 80) leads through the Poconos which is humongous wilderness. Somewhere along the road there is a sign saying that this was the highest point east of the Mississippi.

We left home a little after 4 am because this is a seven hour drive, spent some hours there, had lunch then headed back to New York. Got home by midnight. My darling wife was doing all the driving and understandably she was exhausted. But I gave her all the moral support.

What are husbands for?

No comments:

Post a Comment