Friday, November 1, 2019

Holloween

There is nothing wrong with Hallmark Chanel movies. They are schmaltzy and squeaky clean. They are so clean that it is totally unrealistic. Unfortunately they have absolutely no educational value.Today's singles want to go to bed before anything else. If that didn't happen by the third date there will be no fourth date. And that is reality.

But in the Hallmark world that never happens.

What bugs me the most is that every solitary movie they play we already saw at least three times. Yet, my darling wife insists on watching them again and again. In some I know the words by heart already.

They were boring the first time can you imagine how boring they are now the third or fourth time?

I just checked out Hallmark movie schedule, they have about 91 Christmas movies. Older ones, newer ones. I am looking forward to an exciting Holiday Season TV program. 91 movies, over and over again.

But love conquers all! To make my wife happy, I will not complain but patiently watch them one after the other. The world might collapse around us but we will be oblivious to it and be happily grinning throughout it all.

Now on a more somber note. If one carefully watches and observes these movies one can notice that they are extremely prejudicial and racist.
Most of the storylines center around lily-white people. There is extremely rarely a story that would show a black couple as the main subject of the story.

Just for show they frequently insert a black person who is the main character's boss or best friend or confidante. But the story inevitably veers away from them and centers around the white people.

I have the impression that Hallmark is a Southern Christian encampment where they keep their stable of performers and are churning out their movies like an assembly line production. Same actresses and actors mixed to play agains different partners in their movies. Eventually all the guys will get all the girls. Just like the Batchelor and the Batcherolett TV show.

I am very surprised that in today's extremely sensitive society nobody ever noticed this and never commented on it.

For what it's worth, I am commenting.
________________________________________________________________________________

By the way, I know that in recent times I bored everybody to death with this item so one more time it doesn't matter.

Today is Halloween and it is 62 years ago that I stepped off the plane at good old Idlewild International Airport in New York and blessed this country with my presence. Time flies when one is having fun. And fun I did have!


No comments:

Post a Comment