Thursday, December 8, 2022

Memory (if there is one)

I don't know if this typical old age thing, but here I am standing in the bathroom, no worries anywhere and think of something to do later on. It is not very important but something that I should take care of.

I come out of the bathroom, do a few things than suddenly I remember thinking of something else to do. Not earth shattering importance but something that came to my mind at that time. Now, for the life of me can not remember what it was. It was not connected to my cleanliness or anything bathroomy. Still have no idea what it was. This is scary. This thing leads to arguments because my wife will accuse me of not doing certain things that she asked me earlier to do.

I don't think that I am forgetful. I just have the tendency not to remember certain recent things. Old things I do remember (I think) but with older things there is nobody around to refute me, so my stories tend to exist as I say them (or imagine them).

I don't know if this is the beginning of amnesia/dementia, but it is certainly inconvenient. Maybe the cure is not to think in the bathroom!


No comments:

Post a Comment