Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Robin

Four years ago today, December 19, 2018, our lives changed. Nothing from here on went on as normal. There were daily unexpected events, our movements were curtailed, and our lives were just not the same.

What was the cause of this immense calamity? Robin came to our lives. I was against getting a dog. I had a cat for over 20 years, and I knew the issues, the heartaches that go with owning a pet. But anybody listens to good old me? No! 

Abigail was going on for a long time that she wanted a dog, and my wife was not entirely against it. So, I lost out. Four years ago today normal took a new meaning in our house. Now we have a new family member and in reality, everything revolves around him. Our programs, our schedules are tailored to him.

The thing is, that I got used to him and I love the little guy. Cannot imagine our life without him. Sometimes he is a pain in the butt, but he makes up for it with his honesty and love towards us. He is extremely attached to us, mainly to my wife. 

My wife was not feeling well over the weekend and stayed in bed. Robin sensed that something was not kosher and stayed with her all day and night. Didn't even go out to eat. He was so protective of her that growled even on me when I entered the bedroom. I told him hey, I live here but he didn't care. I took him out on his sanitary walks but after those back to the bedroom.

Now, four years down, hopefully many more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment