Saturday, December 10, 2022

The good old American way

There are things in this country that are typical American things. They are so successful that I am sure other countries are also adapting. These are not all good, they are mainly deal with how to mislead, cheat the public.

Start with robocalls. We get these calls from people wo barely speak Englis and trying to sell things they claim we need. Most of them are not even located within the US but thanks to the current technology that is no longer a necessity. Anytime they start their call with how are you or can you hear me well I hang up. I don't know if there are people who fall for their gimmicks. The sad thing is that these methods are being picked up by other countries and it spreads better than the covid did.

The other day I spent a long time on the phone with a bank whose credit card my wife obtained. This was as part of a promotion. It said you spend $1,000 within 90 days and you will get (I think) 40,000 miles for JetBlue. She fell for this and requested their card.

The time went by, money was spent but no miles appeared anywhere. That was the reason for my calls. It took forever and at the end they claimed there were no $1,000 spent so there were no 40,000 miles given. No matter how I argued, they did not give in. So here we are stuck with an unnecessary credit card and received no mileages. Some of these offers are as phony as a tree dollar bill.

This is the good American way!

No comments:

Post a Comment