Thursday, December 14, 2023

Palestine

I mentioned before that I happened to live in a predominantly Jewish neighborhood. Not only Jewish but also Russian. I never liked the Russians, I was running away from them and now I live in an area where everything is in two languages, English and Russian.

The street I live on is a major street with four synagogues. Russians are the real born-again Jews. 75 years without any religion. They lived under the Soviet regime without any religion and now they claim to be holier than thou. It turns my stomach. Bucharians is one of their nationalities and are everywhere. I don't know who the heck they are, but they do have money. And I mean real money. They are building their own temples for their own people. Other people are really not welcome.  

Anyway, yesterday we had our share of Israeli/Palestine demonstration on our street. Early afternoon a lone man with an Israeli flag walked down on the sidewalk. Not far behind him another lone flag bearer with the flag of Palestine was another man. This man was surrounded by police for his protection which is understandable. The funny scene was that while the Israeli flag bearer was marching in quiet the Palestine sympathizer kept on screaming  f.. u. I guess this is not against the law.

If the Palestinian's outburst reflects their mental capacity in a capsule, then I can understand the whole situation.

Yesterday on the news they showed an anti Israel demonstration by the UN. What was sickening that at front of the crowd there were about six or seven Hassidic people holding up anti Israel signs. Now, they might be real Hassidic or just dressed as ones but it still looked disgusting. But in this country everything is possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment