Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Tooth, Again

So, here is the saga of my poor tooth. Last week my upper left "wisdom tooth" began to hurt. At first I borne it as a man but as it became worse and worse, I decided it was time to go to the dentist. Unfortunately, my dentist only has office hours in our area on Mondays and Fridays I was forced to see her on Monday.

During this time I was living on Tylenol and amoxicillin (found some at home) and by Monday I wasn't feeling that bad. But before when I forgot to take the Tylenol pain came on so fast that I was dizzy from it. I can vouch that one can not overdose from Tylenol because at one time just to get quick action I took five pills. It worked,

Monday morning, I went to see the dentist and she told me that it was inflamed and she was going to extract the tooth. I said, thank God! The only complication she found that the tooth was part of a bridge which she had to remove. Now interestingly, insurance covered the extraction but not the bridge removal. That was $154. No problem, I said just take the damned thing out.

Several injections later I was totally numbed, she started to work on me. Drilling, cutting, pulling and voila, the tooth was out. Actually I did not feel that last act at all. Very little bleeding, and now, next day I am perfectly fine. The spot healed very quickly.

About a year ago she removed another tooth from the opposite side for the same reason so I hope this is not a trend now where I will wind up with two teeth in the middle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment