Tuesday, September 12, 2023

9-11

Today is the 22nd anniversary of the 9-11 events. It is not a not a national holiday, but it is a day of remembrance. There is nothing wrong with it but what is wrong is how this is being conducted. I am a 9-11 survivor. I was there and I ran for dear life. God was looking after me and I survived while 13 of my co-workers perished.

As a survivor I give myself the right to comment and criticize these events. First I have to remark that whatever organization there is representing the survivors is not representing me as well as any other survivor that I know. So, who are they representing?

I agree that this thing should not be forgotten. But the hullaballoo that goes with the event should be stopped. It is enough, it is embarrassing. Right at the start they are embarrassing the politicians by inviting them. These are invitations that can not be refused even though the majority of  vip's would rather stay away. 

Reading the names of all who perished is distasteful. Some people are not able to pronounce the names correctly and that is insulting to the victim and family. They put young kids up there to read the names who are unable to pronounce them correctly. Also, these kids were not even alive when September 11 happened. They are nieces and nephews who never met their aunts and uncles yet, they make speeches about the cherished memories and how much they love those.

They should not provide platforms for these family members to make speeches about their lost family members. It is just not correct!                                                                                  Yes, the memory of the events should be kept alive but just the same way as Holocaust Memorial Day. A day with quiet contemplation. Don't force it on me what happened. I know, I was there. I don't force my stories on other people. As a matter of fact, I don't talk about it even if I am asked.

There is a memorial and there is a museum, there is a race (Tunnel to the Tower) for these memories. Our senile president chose to be in India and Vietnam rather than being at the 9-11 memorial (there was no money to be made here). In his stead his second in command, laughing Kamala was here. Big deal! She was standing next to chipmunk face governor Hochul. They deserve each other, all I can say. The leader of the senate majority, Schumer was also there. He really looked bored. He didn't know what to do with himself. Put his hands in his pants pockets then took them out, then back again.

Unfortunately, the anniversary of this tragic event is also used by unscrupulous politicians to advance their careers. Florida governor DeSantis was at the World Trade Center site this morning. As far as I know he never ever attended this even but now this will look good on his resume. How phony can one get?

All these politicians also wish they could be somewhere else but are afraid to reject an invitation. I wonder how long these meaningless events will go on.




1 comment:

  1. Here in England, we are as survivors, are invited every year to the main commemoration in a notable building in the centre of London. More and more time is given to the other genocides now. In my opinion the other genocides were not on the scale of the Holocaust and it is apity that Holocaust Memorial day is not exclusively about us.

    ReplyDelete