Saturday, September 30, 2023

Morbid

This morning when I got up and was having my morning coffee as usual I turned on the TV to see what happened while I was in lala land. Usually, not much, nothing earth shattering ever happens, thanks God.

But today, Friday it was on the news that Senator Dianne Feinstein of California died. For a long time she was not well, she was very frail and had all kinds of health issues. Yet, she did not want to resign but carried on as well as she could. The only concession she made that she announced that she would not run for reelection. She was 90 years old.

Senator Feinstein was born in 1933. Only four years before I was and that is very scary. Ok, people die every day but this one made the headlines, and her birth year is lit up and it is sticking in my mind. God willing, I will be 87 in a short three months. Is 90 a magic line? Will I be permitted to cross it? And if yes, how far will I be allowed to go?

Today I feel good. Will this stay that way or will just suddenly crash (healthwise)? These and many more questions come to mind. Can I plan further than end of this week which is only two days away?

I guess me and my buddies who are in the same boat just have to live our lives one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment