Sunday, September 24, 2023

Women owned cars

We have two cars. An older and a newer model. Since I do not drive any longer those two cars are registered on my wife's name. So, they are her cars. As the undisputed owner of these two automobiles she makes the rules and us, simple passengers must obey them.

No eating in the car. That is the first cardinal rule. If we don't like it, we can walk, said she. The cars are always in spic and span shape. They are so clean we could eat from the floors if we could eat in the cars. The minute there is any dirt mark on the outside or inside, off to the carwash. These cars were washed more than any other car in history.

We are already regular visitors at the neighborhood carwash. Clean the inside, wash the outside, wash the floormats. This is the usual menu. Thankfully, the cars did not yet rust in spite of the frequent washes.

A wash with the vacuuming takes about 5-8 minutes. When all is done, and they wiped it dry we stay another 15 minutes because my wife goes over everything and wipes down the entire car, again. Women!

When I had my cars in recent 50+ years I never had them washed so frequently. But that is the difference between a man's car and a woman's car. The way I looked at it, the dirtier a car was it had more of a patina and character.

No comments:

Post a Comment