Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Apartments

I find it very interesting that every advertisement on television, every prize to be won on game shows are aimed at people who live in houses. Nothing is ever shown to people who live in apartments. Can anyone imagine winning a 300 gallon jacuzzi hot tub and living in a one bedroom, third floor apartment? Or winning a nice outdoor barbecue set when living in an apartment building? They never have anything tailored for us poor apartment dwellers. I wonder why?

According to some statistics there are 21.3 million apartments in this country with 36.8 million residents living in them. Not a small number, but not a number to ignore. Yet, we are being ignored. The accuracy of these numbers can be argued but still, it would be nice to see things on tv that us, poor apartment dwellers can also use.

When they advertise exercise equipment, they always show apartments with a room large enough to be a gym by itself, and also with views to a river or something similarly spectacular. With today's apartment prices people who live in such environment must earn about a half a million dollars a year. This already exclude a large percentage of those 21.3 million apartment dwellers. Just like advertising a Rolex or a Bently for the average populace.

The average pople will not notice these advertisements and the well off ones will not follow them either. So what is the point?

I love those personal elevator chairs for older and handicapped people. I thought I would have one installed when I realized that I live in an apartment with all the rooms on the same level. Bad luck! I also like those window replacement ads by Anderson. Very impressive stuff they have. So, I thought I would have all my windows replaced when I realized that I live in an apartment building with about 500 similar windows. Again, bad luck!

Now, I just have to wait until I see something practical and interesting suitable for an apartment. I have time (I hope).



No comments:

Post a Comment