Sunday, February 18, 2024

Grammy Awards

The other Sunday I made the mistake of watching the 2024 Grammy Awards on TV. What a waste of three hours! This was the biggest congregation of useless bunch of people, doing nothing but congratulating themselves. The women dressed in what they thought were sexy and fashionable. I swear I saw more pancakes in those decolletages than at IHOP.

The music they presented were terrible, as were the so called artists who presented them. Maybe I am an old fashioned person, but I see nothing enjoyable in this type of music. I still like music that I can understand, and rhythms that have rhythms. I particularly don't like women performers who come up the stage totally tattooed and do not even attempting to cover those up. Really, they look like they have the creeping crud. Like Miley Cyrus.

She won two Grammys and sang one of her songs and each time behaved on stage like total idiot like it was her own private event. Oprah Winfrey was jumping front of the cameras like a clown and Taylor Swift thought this was her private party. She was jumping up, singing and dancing. Ok, she loves her popularity, and she also used it to promote her new album, but this could have been done with a little more dignity, a little more finesse. Frank Sinatra was also popular, but he never behaved like a buffoon. 

These award shows are nothing more than a self celebration of these people, by themselves. They get the free wardrobe, the loaner jewelry and then they strut their stuff down the red carpet. They get drunk on their own success or lack of it. At these shows they show such a solidarity with each other but in private, I am sure they all hate each other and are jealous of each other.

I always tell myself that I will never watch them again but in the lack of anything else it was just a brainless few hours with absolutely no cultural value at all. And tv goes all out for these programs.

Good country, America!


No comments:

Post a Comment