Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Winter break

The Winter break is over. Abigail went back to school. Started her last semester in college. By May of this year, she will graduate with a bachelor's degree. I am very proud of her. She is already investigating the possibilities of continuing on to a master's degree. She applied to about four colleges and right now waiting for their responses.

How time flies. It is scary! On Thursday, September 8, 2016, Abigail started high school. At that time she was fourteen years old. Like it was yesterday. Now, at the end of this week she is starting her last semester of college.

The thing is that she is aging and very slowly maturing while I am just as young as I was at that time we first met! Ha, ha, ha! Really, I don't understand why she is in such a hurry to get older or as she says a grownup. From experience, there is no great joy in being a grown up. While one lives at home close to the family and under the wings of the family's protection real life is seen different than being out in the cold. Hopefully she will never have to find out what it is to live without a family and to rely on entirely oneself. Hopefully her studies will allow her to find whatever she is expecting from life.

Honestly, I envy her. I was two years younger when I came here and had to start my life working. And I worked all the way through until 2007. I had no family looking out for me. I was looking out for me. But I can't complain. I did ok, I survived and thank God I am still around. I love Abigail like my own daughter I never had. On my birthday she gave me a card addressed as "To my Dad". That brought tears to my eyes and warmed the cuckols of my heart, too.

Just a note of interest: I met Abigail in 2014. At that time she was 12 years old. Now she is 21. Reverse 21 and it is 12! Interesting, ha? This happens only once in a lifetime.


No comments:

Post a Comment