Sunday, April 7, 2024

Boring

Whenever I said to my mother that I was bored, her response was that only simple-minded people would find themselves bored. When she said that to me, I decided even if I were bored, never announce it. Abigail likes to keep herself busy. Busy means studying or entertaining herself. If these two situations can not happen, she is bored.

In a few weeks spring break is starting in her school, and she already announced her desired programs for that time. She must be kept entertained because she said that she did not want to be home and be bored. Whenever I hear her saying she is or don't want to be bored I remember what my mother said to me. But I keep my mouth shot because if I say something an argument will break out and that is the last thing I want.

Some of her friends are going away, some will not be available, so she is desperately looking for things to do and people to do it with. The boyfriend is ok, but he will not be available every day besides even though he is the love of her life (she claims) she doesn't want to be with him every day. Some relationship, I say!

We are not available to entertain her on a daily basis. My wife has certain commitments, and I am not a partner in that. She has to figure out what is it that she wants to do so not to be bored and that has to be without involving us. I don't remember if I ever had that kind of problems when I was a young lad at my parents' house. I had my friends and I also read books. There was no tv and no electronic games but still, never bored.

This is the 21st century! Different life.






No comments:

Post a Comment