Thursday, April 11, 2024

Opinion

Today it was in the news that the other day there was an anti-Israel demonstration in the US Senate cafeteria and at the same time somewhere in Michigan (I think) somebody made a speech saying "death to America".

I may not agree with everything this government does but I find this attitude disgusting. In my opinion these people do not realize how lucky they are that they live here. Because here they can say these things, they can burn the flag and get away with it all. If they were living in Russia, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, China or any of those and many other countries they would not see the next day after such expression of opinion. 

They would be prosecuted and sentenced at best. But here they can express their hate and their want for a change. I think this country is too soft on certain type of disagreement. Such as these should not be tolerated and furthermore it should be prosecuted. Democracy is nice but not without any restrains. 

Free speech is one thing but "death to America" does not fall into that category, in my opinion.

Good country, America!

P.S: RFK jr is speaking on the channel I am listening to. He is getting on my nerves. He can not speak, his voice is annoying, and he is not saying anything important. The reporter asked him something and he is stuttering.   Will not get my vote, for sure!  






No comments:

Post a Comment