Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Eclipse

Monday is the day for this year's solar eclipse. I am writing this before it happens here and the hype on tv is unbelievable. Like if people have nothing else to do but watch the sun being blacked out with the shadow of the moon. If people are employed, how come that 50,000-60,000 people can fill a stadium to watch this event? Ok. this is something interesting. I did see one on 2017 and it was cool. But I couldn't get overly excited about it.

To see the northern lights would be a lot more interesting than this, as far as I am concerned. Maybe I am getting too blaze for my old age but it is getting more and more difficult to find something to get really excited about. They say the next full solar eclipse will be in 20 years in 2044. Now, that is something to look forward. 

That I can really be excited about. To be here and see it 20 years from now! Wow! My wife might not be so overjoyed about the prospects of me sticking around for 20 more years but I think I will be a little selfish about this. I just hope that our world will still be around at the next solar eclipse. Maybe the war in Ukraine will be over by that time and Israel will live in peace and harmony with its neighbors. Want to be here and see it!

P.S: I did go out and see it. I tell you the hype was bigger than what it looked like. First, it was not a complete eclipse here in our area. Second, by the time most of the sun was covered it became cloudy and there was no clear visibility. But I shouldn't complain, it was free. You get what you paid for! Maybe next time it will be better, ha? At least there is something to look forward to.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment