Sunday, January 22, 2017

Saturday

Thursday night around 7:15 pm we were on our way to visit a friend when at the highway entrance just before entering the mainstream somebody hit our car from the rear.

It was a young lady who decided to start moving before I did. Fortunately nobody got hurt with the exception of our car. Being hers a little shit Volkswagen and ours a big strong suv our car's rear was damaged while hers not at all.

My wife and I were pretty pissed because getting into an accident, no matter how small is not very exciting.

Upon getting home I reported it to our insurance company. Friday morning our company called and  told us that the other insurance company (GEICO) accepted all responsibility for the accident.

Today we took our poor "little" car to a GEICO place where they record the damage and being a body shop told us to leave the car there until it is fixed. Through Enterprise they provided us with and-cost rental and now we just have to wait until the work is done.

GEICO called us later today and told us that the damage was about $3,500 and it will be totally fixed. No timeframe was given for the job but since we do have a rental I really don't care.

I used to be with  GEICO for over thirty years but recently I changed to Progressive because they cost les. But I am still amazed at the efficiency GEICO works at.

My car is a Hyundai SantaFe SUV. The rental car is a Hyundai Accent. In the SantaFe we are sitting high in the Accent we are looking up people's a. hole.


No comments:

Post a Comment