Thursday, October 14, 2021

64 years

October 31 is my 64th anniversary of arriving at Idlewild (now JFK) airport. Boy, how time flies. I spent the better part of my life here, actually more than two thirds of of it. I saw a lot, lived through a lot, experienced a lot. If I knew how to write I would write book about it, but that is a lot of work and I am not up to it.

I lost friends, relatives, family throughout the years and that is sad. But life goes on, and I always say tomorrow the sun will come up. So, I just chug along and wait for what is waiting for. I am a fatalist, que sera sera as Doris Day used to sing. There are things I can not change and I just have to accept them. But at the end another day will dawn.

I know I don't have as much ahead of me as I have behind me but I still want to enjoy life as much as possible. Naturally, I will not take stupid risks but there are other ways of enjoying life. Right now I have a family that love me and care about me. I try not to be too much of a burden for them which is not easy because according to them I am becoming a grouchy old man. Well, this comes with the territory. They have to accept that I am smarter and more experienced than they are. I have an opinion about everything and that always differ from theirs.

I picked up an old expression from an older colleague of mine who always aid that I forgot more than you'll ever learn. And this is one of my mottos.    

No comments:

Post a Comment