Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Lazy

Going on hiatus is a very time consuming thing. It takes up all the unused time, hard to get out of it and very easy to get used to it. It is easy to get used to not having something to do with a certain regularity, not to fulfill an obligation one made to others. To say that I take a hiatus is an excuse to get out of these obligations and just be lazy. 

Lazy is good! But being lazy is habit forming. Not doing anything is very comfortable, but there is a flip side of this. There are always things to take care of. Some are urgent some not. The urgent ones are usually handled without any delay but the not so urgent ones can be comfortably delayed until the last minute. Being lazy is when the not so urgent affairs are being just postponed.

When one is retired and no longer working, the sense of urgency about most things goes to sleep. Hurry up is no longer in our vocabulary. Why?

First, because why rush? What will I achieve by doing it immediately? What will I do after I took care of this item?

Second, by not handling that particular affair I have the feeling of being useful because that task is waiting for me, and eventually I will take care of it (or not).

Now, this analysis is my reentry into the world of blogs. I don't promise there will not be more hiatus going ahead, but I will try to limit those.

No comments:

Post a Comment