Friday, October 29, 2021

Travel

I am usually not a nasty person but there are things that make me lose my cool. Robocalls are one of these. I know that the people who call are doing their jobs and they are not responsible for what they are saying but still, since they are at the other end of the phone they get my outburst.

Lately we get call about travel. The introduction goes something like this: "Hello Mr. Whoever. I know that you are a traveling person and were traveling a lot with such and such company, and I would like to offer you a fantastic opportunity..."

At that point I interrupt the hapless person on the other end and tell them that first does he/she realizes that there is a pandemic in the world and traveling is not something people do frequently do and I also say that I don't like that particular company because they suck so please go to hell and don't bother me in future.

This usually works for a day or two but the calls just keep coming back. I wonder if anybody falls for their tricks and buys a trip from them. I always block these calls but they keep coming back with different numbers. Anyway, after I curse them out I do feel better! 

Every day I get on my phone about ten scam calls. Fortunately, the caller id on my phone flags them as Possible Scam and this way I just shut them off. But they keep coming back. Just like cockroaches, can not get rid of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment