Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Anniversary

Today is October 31, and that is a kind of turning point in my life. Not because it is Halloween but because 65 years ago today, I arrived in this land of milk and honey. 65 years ago today. I just can't believe how fast the time went by. Maybe because I had such a good time? I don't think so.

Time is just flying by. It only crawls when we are suffering but at the end it just goes. And that is what it did with my 65 years. This 65 year was like a galaxial black hole. I sucked in all the events, all the people I used to know, all my history. What remained is the present and a questionable future.

But aside of this 65 years ago today I landed at what was Idlewild Airport, now JFK. Up to that moment I had no care in the world. For nine months I was in a refugee camp where every decision was made for me, I got three square meals a day and no worries. On this day it all changed and 'till today it did not stop.

Now I worry, I have issues, problems (big and small) but life goes on. It is ok. This is what life supposed to be. And this what we supposed to do as we grow up and get older: worry.

In hindsight, I am glad that I landed here on that particular day and started my new life. All in all, it didn't turn out to bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment