Sunday, November 6, 2022

Marathon

This coming Sunday is the New York City Marathon. That is a big event for the City and for many people. Supposedly there will be 50,000 people running, including the elites and handicapped runners. As far as I am concerned this is a joke.

Many people show up just so they could clown their way through the 26 mile route. Some are serious amateur runners but there are the pros, mainly from Africa for whom this is their way of life. The prize monies and the promotions are how they make their livings. And if you can run 26 miles fast you can outrun any lion or tiger.

What I find very discouraging that the main sponsor of this race is an Indian company, Tata Consulting. What is the matter with the American companies that they have to bring in a foreign sponsor?

Because of this race Manhattan will be mostly closed to cars. I used to go in and I remember what a disaster that used to be. Now, I will watch it on the telly and won't even get tired. The good thing for the runners that they forecast good weather, little warmer but who cares.

At first I thought I would run but then decided against it when I tried to run on city block.

No comments:

Post a Comment