Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Granddaughter

Well, the spring break is over. It was nice while it lasted. Abigail is back in school and things are going back to their usual pace.

Last week we made a lightning trip to Florida to see our new granddaughter. The trip was short but sweet. We managed to see her. She is adorable, she is beautiful. Too young to be annoying! Sleeps most of the day but when she is up, she is cute and sweet. She is my step granddaughter, but it doesn't matter. I still love her. I'm just sad that I shan't be around to see her to grow up.

Besides seeing her, one of the other events was that since we flew down there this was Robin's first flight. I am not denying that we were more than a little nervous about how he would behave, but he was a good trooper. Not a sound came out of him, and he just sat very calmly in his carry-on bag on the floor. We were proud of him, too.

Since the family knew we were coming and it was my wife's (their mother's) birthday, they surprised us with two tickets to a Jewish/Passover concert. Yakov Shwekey and Israeli singer Akiva appeared together in Orlando. The performance was front of a full house and it was fantastic. The crowd was brought to their feet and danced by many of the songs. I have never ever seen such enthusiasm at a concert.

The weather in those couple of days was miserable. Cold and rain. One day I put my shorts on, saying I am in Florida and I should dress accordingly. Didn't work out exactly as I hoped for. I was cold, wet and I also caught a cold that I am now suffering with. But it was for a good cause, to see the continuation of the family (my wife's, not mine).

My wife is very bravely wearing the grandmother title. now. She is not the white haired, all forgiving type but still she is a new grandmom. I am sure in time she will get used to this designation. I mean she has three children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment