Tuesday, April 4, 2023

My Cars

I thought I would list all the cars I ever owned or were associated with as long as I remember them. I don't want to take a chance that in the future I would not be able to recall them. So, here they are:

My first car, a used             Pymouth -  bought in 1961 but I don't know what model it was                                               

My first new car    1964(?)Mercury Comet                                                                                                                                1968      Mercury  Cougar, 3 speed manual transmission                                                                                            American Motors Matador  I always believed AM was underrated                                                              Pontiac LeMans                                                                                                                                              Ford Mustang                                                                                                                                                Ford Tempo, the biggest lemon I ever had                                                                                                    Nissan Maxima,  4 speed manual, my first non-American car                                                                      Jeep Grand Cherokee, leased about 4, one every 3 years                                                                              Hyundai, Santa Fe, leased about 4, one every 3 years                                                                      2017    Hyundai, Santa Fe            

I stopped driving in 2017 

                                2018     Hyundai, Tucson                                                                                                                              2021     GMC, Terrain

Looking back, my favorite car was the Mercury Cougar. It was second model year, it was manual three speed transmission and even it was small it was still very comfortable.

The worst car I ever owned was the Ford Tempo. Lemon does not describe it fully. Whatever could go wrong on a car it did on my Tempo. I sold it after about three years.

Every car is connected to some memory. Some good, some not that good. But that's life.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

                                           


No comments:

Post a Comment