Wednesday, April 5, 2023

More cars

Yesterday I listed all the cars I owned and also the ones I am or was associated with. A long list , built from memory. It was not an easy task but I was able to do it. I don't think I missed any. If I did it was unintentional and also a car that did not leave much impression on my.

Today, my friend responded with a list of his own. Also, a very impressive list. Not just because of the cars and the details he was able to present but also because he did it from memory. This just proves that even though we are the same age his memory is better than mine.

Interestingly, there is a car auction company by the name of Mecum. They can be frequently seen on tv on some sport channel. They auction older and rare cars. Many times I see older cars of the years I owned one and I am stunned the prices they command. Granted, they were kept in excellent shape and were upgraded many times. Unfortunately, I always lived in an apartment and had no space available to keep the extra cars. 

But that's life. We never know what the future might hold for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment