Saturday, February 4, 2017

Friday

My wife and I are considering a near future European trip. Because of that we made some exploratory checking into the availabilities and prices.

I was dismayed at what I found.

Return airfare is not cheap. Where we want to go there are no direct flights therefore changing of planes is necessary.

Flying by itself is accepted but then there is a $35 per seat change each way on each planes. Ok, the connecting flight is only $11. Still, that comes to $46 per person and each way which adds up to $92 extra on top of the flight.

What if I don't want to pay for the seats. Can I travel standing up?

Airlines are gangsters! They get the traveling public every which way they can.

The other shock was when I found out that while age discrimination is against the law in this country, in foreign lands it is permitted.

Car rental companies charge about $10-$12 per day if the driver is over 75 years of age. And there is nothing anybody can do about it.

These little nuances are what make traveling a pain in the butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment