Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Tuesday

Today, like every Tuesday is cleaning day in our house. That means that my wife and I get up early, real earlynin the morning and do the laundry. The building has a laundry room with several washing machines and dryers.

The aim is to get there before other people do so we may be able to do all our stuff. We do laundry twice a week. It never stops to amaze  me how much washables we get each time. Ok, so we got a fourteen year old girl in the house. But she is not sloppy, neither am I. Still we collect enormous amount of clothing each time.

Anyway, today was no exception. Then a young lady comes over to help with the cleaning. That keep  my wife and her busy for the better part of the day. Me, I have nothing to do just to stay out of the way. And, that is not a bad way to spend the day.

Today, I was watching some TV, snoozed a little and did something I very rarely do.

I cleaned all my and some of my wife's shoes. I remember when I was still a kid Hungary and my grandfather was alive he was already retired he was always cleaning his shoes. This kind of stuck in my mind that when you are retired you should have nice clean shoes.

So, today was the day. Besides Valentine's Day it was also Shoe Cleaning Day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment