Friday, February 10, 2017

Thursday

Today we had the first real snowstorm in New York. Actually in the Northeast. The City was in total panic because the forecasters were pretty sure this snow would be fairly large. And, lo and behold they were right.

It looked so believable that they even announced closing all the City schools pretty early yesterday. Abigail was elated, no school today.

We had a dentist appointment early this morning and I was concerned that the doctor was to be in but he was. So Abigail and I braved the storm and went over. We drove because I just love to drive in the snow. My wife was a little ticked off at me because she is very protective and was afraid that something might happen. Nothing did.

There were really very few cars on the road and they were all driving pretty carefully.

Our street wasn't yet plowed but that is not unusual. We are always the last. Probably it will met before the City will clean it.

At times like this I am glad I don't have a house because then I would have to be out there shoveling.

So, today we are staying in. I'm sure we will find something worthwhile to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment