Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Monday

I did mention this before but can't resist saying it again. It baffles me that people can work in fairly responsible positions and at the same time can be so stupid.

Case in point.

My wife and I got married in 2015. Like any married couple there were certain name changes necessary. My wife (very smartly) decided to take my name. It is a very nice name and I am proud that she took it.

Since she had a life before we met there were certain things like bank accounts on her name. Slowly we started to have those changed to her married name.

It is interesting how differently banks work. They all have different rules and requirements when it comes to something like this. I really can't understand it. You go into a bank and announce you want to change your name they look it you like you asked for transferring funds to the Moon.

People get married every single day and women take the names of their husbands. This is the norm. Why is it so unusual to comprehend this?

So, we went into one of the major banks my wife had a joint account with Abigail and asked for the change. No problem, said the woman behind the desk.

After about an hour of filling out various electronic and manual forms we left the branch naively believing that the very important person behind the desk knew what she was doing.

How wrong we were!

We just received the latest statement from the bank and not that the name change wasn't taken care of Abigail's name was removed from the account.

Today I sent an angry letter to that bank complaining about this. We'll wait to see how this will be taken care of.

And that person has a job!

No comments:

Post a Comment