Wednesday, September 8, 2021

5782

Today is the first day of Rosh Hashanah. Last night we had a beautiful dinner, My wife worked hard preparing it and she succeed it. I don't know if it was the traditional dinner, but we liked it and if it was not I know that God will forgive us. We ate a lot and enjoyed it.

After dinner we had family time. The tree of us played cards until late night where the girls beat me badly. But being the good dad, no ill feeling. Anyway, the Holidays started.

It is kind of traditional that on these days the weather is mostly nice. And, so far it is going according to tradition. It is sunny, not a cloud in the sky. I hope it will stay like this.

I was curious to see why according to the Jewish calendar it is 5782. How this is being calculated. Well, I started reading the all knowing Wikipedia and I got so confused that it is unbelievable. The only thing I remember that according to their calculation, year 1 was one year before the Creation. How can they put a date on something that did not even exist? 

Anyway, if anybody is as curious as I was, I suggest to read Hebrew Calendar in Wikipedia. Your head will spin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment