Tuesday, September 7, 2021

P B C

There is this company called Publisher's Clearing House. I really don't know where to put them in the honesty list. I have no idea what they do or what they sell. But they fill my mailbox and emails with their incessant advertisings.

What they advertise? Nothing even remotely connected to publishing. They push worthless mail order products, Americana and long list of things we can comfortably live without. But they claim they have periodic raffle like drawings for unbelievable amounts of money. This is what they use to hook in us, suckers. To receive $7,000 or $10,000 per week for life is nothing to sneer about. 

So, every week we get about 4-6 mailings filled with product coupons and various forms to return in the hope to be a winner. The same come via email. I think we are supporting the post office with the amount of stamps we already used in our responses. Because, we are one of the suckers.

Interestingly, some years ago there was a scandal about this company. Somebody found bags and bags filled with these unopened responses thrown out in the garbage on this company's property. But it seems they weathered this little malheur and they are back in business.

Where does this company gets all this money thay are able to give away? I don't trust them for one minute. I think they just collect names and addresses and in turn they sell them. Maybe if I would win I might change my opinion, but right now they seem as phoney as a three dollar bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment