Monday, September 6, 2021

Shana Tova

 It is Sunday which means that (traditionally) I take this day off. But today I make little remark.

This coming Monday is Labor Day, which is a holiday. Traditionally, the end of Summer (like August 20 in Hungary). I don't know if Mother Nature watches the calendar or not (probably not) but it seems Summer ended already. This morning it is 67 degrees and that is not a summery temperature.

Everything changes in life, why not the weather?

Monday night at sundown the Jewish New Year comes in, and starts the two day celebration called Rosh Hashanah. According to the Jewish calendar year 5782 begins. 

To all my Jewish and non-Jewish friends I wish Shana Tova (meaning good year). 

In my book it does not matter what one's religious belief is, good wishes are always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment