Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Golf

I always thought golf was not a sport and plus it was boring. Lately, lacking much to see on TV, I found professional golf a pretty interesting sport to watch. Every weekend the PGA has a tournament they are broadcasting, where professional golfers try to make more money. Well, there is nothing wrong in trying to make money. We all tried.

In watching these tournaments I am amazed by some of the lucks and some of the bad lucks these players have. The gap between the best and last on the list is huge yet, they all make living doing what they like best. One of the things I noticed the majority of players are young. Even middle aged ones are a rarity. Since I don't think golf is such an exhausting game and because of that I find this phenomena interesting.

The other thing is interesting, that every week when I watch there are players I have not seen before. Where are all these new players come from? In any championships the winners usually rule the game but in golf last week's winner is nowhere to be found this week. How come? I have few favorites that I like, but most of the time I don't see them on the roster. 

I know money rules most of everything in this world but it is ridiculous that these golfers look like walking billboards. Some of them have as many as seven logos on their shirts/caps. I know they get to be compensated by these companies, but this is not very attractive.

Now, that I gave my blessing to golf can chess be far behind?

No comments:

Post a Comment