Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Paralympics

 2020 Paralympics Olympic Games are being held in Tokyo, right after the Summer Games. This is an assembly of handicapped athletes who overcame their difficulties and excelled in their chosen sports. I give them all my admiration!

I don't think it is very important which country wins the most medals, what is important what these people achieve. An also ran is just as victorious as the winner. I saw men in wheelchairs playing basketball, I saw swimmers with various physical imperfections swim honorable times.

But what stood out for me was a one legged Chinese ping pong (table tennis) player playing a first class game against an American. The man played with the help of a crutch and he was fast, he was strong and he was all over the table. I don't remember who won but to me it was not important. The human effort was more important than anything else.

And, I have to think twice if I am up to taking out Robin for his daily pee walk. Shame on me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment