Thursday, August 12, 2021

Glasses

My Mother (may God rest her soul) was in constant panic about her glasses. She always had two pairs. One for reading even though her father, my grandfather had bifocals ever since I remember. My Mpom had the tendency to put one down and then go around the apartment crying because was not able to find them. "Oh my God, where are my glasses, I can not find them!" was a daily thing in our house.

When she visited us here in the US that trend followed Her. So, me the loving son bought Her those clip on things that help to hang the glasses around one's neck eliminating the constant search. Dis She ever used them? No, that would have been too easy. When She passed away, and I cleaned out Her apartment I found them in their original packages.

But now, years later I go through the same thing. I wear glasses for reading only and since they are not on me all the time I am looking for them all the time. I guess this is a not so favorite pastime of the eyeglass wearing public. I know that now they are wearing gadgets that electronically locate these glasses but I am not educated enough in today's gadget world.

But it is amazing that in an apartment how easy it is to misplace something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment