Thursday, August 5, 2021

Fate

Just a little afterthought to the other day's driving subject. For a couple of years my wife doesn't let me drive. I can understand her views about this. She does not feel safe with me at the wheel. Maybe I don't feel safe with me behind the wheel either. I can understand her point about this.
I just wonder, if she worries about our safety or that I might damage the car. I don't ask because I don't want to hear the answer.

But, I do miss driving. As a former driver I make a fantastic (my opinion) kibitzer. Sitting in the passenger seat is not my favorite place. When we go out with Abigail, I let her sit up front, this way I can easily snooze in the backseat.

New York State does not think I am too old to drive because I just received my new driver's license which is good for about ten more years. But, my wife thinks she know more than the state.

Driving is not the only think I come to miss, but like a good trooper I accept my fate. In my mind I look at things and can not understand why I am not able to do them. The thing is, that my mind is eager but my body is lacking the ability. But one thing I am very good at, seating on the sofa. I can outsit any smartass teenager.

No comments:

Post a Comment