Monday, August 16, 2021

Lazy

The easiest thing in the world is to be lazy. With me, it comes without any effort. Since I retired, to do nothing is my second nature. This doesn't mean that I sit around doing nothing, but if I must I willt.

My wife makes sure that sitting around does not happen too often. If she sees me just to sit and contemplate my navel, she immediately finds a chore for me to do. So, my navel and I don't get together too often.

This is what happened over this weekend. My habit is to do some writing in the mornings and, that was my plan for Saturday. But by the time I got down to it I was occupied otherwise and the chance to write never showed itself. Sunday, was my day off from work.

The chores she finds for me are sometimes very tedious, sometimes are interesting that I don't mind. We go shopping, I help with cleaning (that is my exercise), busy with Abigail or with Robin. So, there is never a dull moment in this house. The advantage of it is that I am always busy and active (even if only mentally).

The other day I went to my dentist for my annual checkup. after a year and a half. He told me that for and old fart (not necessary in these words) my teeth are in pretty good shape. One necessary filling and that is all I need. I wish the rest of my body would be in such a good shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment