Thursday, September 9, 2021

Girth

God forgives, our parents forgive (forgave), our spouses forgive (conditionally), and there might be a few more entities that occasionally forgive. Most forgivenesses are not without a "price". Our spouses never let us live down if there was anything we did that needed their forgiveness. Our parents did forgave most of the time but always kept reminding us about it. Our pets don't hold any grudges if we commit a faux pas.

But the one thing that always forgive us, and do not remind us of any past indiscretion or ill behavior. and don't want any payback is our elastic band pants! These things adjust to our growing girths without any complains. But this also creates a major problem.

All summer long and spring I have been wearing gym shorts. Both in and out of the house. These shorts accommodated me without any problems. But the problem arose when it was necessary to put regular pants on. It turned out I have no pants, short or long that fit. One day I was so upset after trying on about a half a dozen that I was ready to throw them all out.

I admit that I am at fault. Being home all this time, and eating all the good food my wife cooks did make me put on unwanted pounds. Dieting is easy to write down but gym shorts not that easy to do. But, I have no choice. If I don't want to go through life wearing gym shorts and warmup pants I will have to do something about it.

Now, that was very easy to write down. What remaining is the act.    

No comments:

Post a Comment