Saturday, September 4, 2021

Nothing Special

Weather has no conscience. One day it is a roaring menace, and next like nothing ever happened. Day before yesterday Ida passed through here causing gigantic havoc, yesterday the sky was and is blue, the sun is shining. Only the remnants of the disaster it caused, and no sign of being sorry about it.

This morning we woke up to 60 degree (F) temperature. If this will be the norm now, it will show that we had a very short summer. Looks like fall is here and starting early. With my social schedule it does not matter. I don't go out much and I really don't miss it. Walking is not one of my favorite pastimes. Sitting is!

I am not housebound, I can walk if I have to, but I see not much reason to. I go out when we walk Robin, I go out when we have to go somewhere, and I make believe I enjoy it. But being a true and true old man I complain a lot. I read somewhere that old people do complain, so I do too. If I would see something interesting to go to I would love to go, but the choices are limited.

Doing the "sitting sport" my arse muscles are doing great.

Here is something very uninteresting. I drink coffee every morning. For eons I never used sugar (except when there was nothing else) in my coffee. I used Sweet and Low or similar stuff. Years ago the FDA forbid any sugar substitute containing saccharine claiming it was unhealthy. A very smart friend of mine who was a chemical engineer explained it that the small amounts we were using caused no harm at all. With that knowledge I started to use saccharine tablets made in Europe. 

Whenever I went to Hungary to visit I always stocked up on these. Each cannister holds more than 600 tablets which is enough for a year. Unfortunately, I ran out of my last supply not long ago, and that made it necessary to buy something in the supermarket. Then my darling wife came to my rescue.

She went to Hungary to visit her family and just recently returned. One of the things she bought for me was these sweeteners. Now I have enough for a few years, and my coffees taste better.






  

No comments:

Post a Comment