Thursday, November 30, 2023

Laundry, again

I have to broach this subject again because there is something that needs clearing up. In apartment houses, not in the most recently built ones there are no washers/dryers in the apartments. The reason is that the piping is not sufficient enough for supplying and draining the necessary water. Thu,s there are community laundries in these buildings.

I saw buildings where the laundries are in the basement. One large room with a n umber of machines that operate with money. Some "classier" buildings there are laundry rooms on each floor for the use of those residents. I think there might be a City code that makes the laundry rooms mandatory.

The machines are usually owned by an outside contractor, and he pays a percentage to the landlord. Not a bad deal. The people who live above us, two lesbian women, have washing machine though they are denying it. We can hear it going in their bathroom between 3-5 in the morning. We complained several times, but I guess our landlord likes gays because nothing happened so far.

Maybe when I grow up and become rich I will have my own washer and dryer. In America everybody must dream

No comments:

Post a Comment