Sunday, November 5, 2023

Time

Time is flying bye. It is scary but at the same time it is also very enlightening. When I started the second part of this blog in 2016, Abigail was a little girl, I think just starting high school. amsNow she is almost graduating from college. This Spring she is starting her last semester, graduating in June, then continue on to a higher degree.

Reading the 2016 blog she was adamant about becoming a chef. Eventually opening her own restaurant and becoming rich and famous. Well, dreams sometimes just remain dreams. Today's reality is now a different story.  

Now she is into chemistry, organic chemistry and her goal is to major in toxicology. Not an easy subject, not an easy field but she likes it and she is pretty good at it. This is a long way from being a chef! Chemistry was always a black hole for me. I never understood it and thankfully in my curriculums it never was a major subject. So, when she is talking about it at home, I just nod because I have no clue about it at all.

But honestly, I wish her all the best and all the success in this field. I don't even know what kind of employment will be available in this field, private or government jobs? But it doesn't matter because if she is good, she will certainly find something worthwhile. As long as it is is in New York because she is adamant about living in New York.

According to Abigail it is New York or nothing. There is just no plan B. But since there was a change from chef to scientist there might just be a plan B.

No comments:

Post a Comment