Saturday, November 25, 2023

Truce

It appears from the newscasts (questionable at best) that Israel and the terrorists agreed to a four day truce during which time they will release 50 hostages. Bad deal in my opinion. 50 is just a drop in the bucket. What about the other 150 or more? What will guarantee their safety? I am sure they will use them as a bargaining block for further releases. What, 50 at a time? This is a joke! It should have been all or nothing.

The other thing is that stopping military activities for four days just gives the terrorist more time to disappear, to blend in the throng of refugees and very likely find their ways to this and other western countries. I find it peculiar that with the discovery of all those tunnels and hiding places Israel did not find a single terrorist and could not find where the hostages are being kept. All they ever found was empty, littered tunnels and rooms below ground.

I think their security services are missing out on a lot of important information. This is my opinion and based on what I hear in the media. Granted, they don't tell us everything for reasons of security and that is understandable but still...

Anyway, I am happy for the families of those 50 people that will go home and at the same time sad for the remaining ones who can not yet enjoy freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment