Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Monday

In March of this year I bought a brand new, 2016 Hyundai santa Fe. I had a leased 2014 same model car that was turned in early about seven months ahead of its time.

The dealer assured me that there was no problem because they would pay Hyundai the remaining amount and I will be in the clear with that car. Naturally this was not done out of the goodness of their hearts but it was calculated into the sales price.

Difference between myth and reality is that the money which was over $6000 was never ever paid to Hyundai.

I found it out when I was checking my credit score and was dismayed at the low rating I received.

Reason was that I had an outstanding non payment of over $6000 to Hyundai. You can imagine how upset I was. I immediately called the dealer and talked to the sales person I dealt with. Long story, longer explanation, none of them very believable. But at the end I was assured (again) that all would be taken care of and my credit rating would not suffer.

That was several days ago and the unpaid amount is still there lighting up debtors' sky.

I'm really ticked about this. I wrote a (I think) pretty strong letter to general manager of the dealership about this and demanded that they would rectify the problem including my credit rating.

Being a holiday today the letter is still here but just writing it made me feel already better.

No comments:

Post a Comment