Friday, July 15, 2016

Thursday

Today is Thursday and I know I kind of disappeared from the scene for a few days. But I do have an explanation that at leas for me sounds very acceptable.

Monday morning my wife and I flew to Daytona Beach, Florida for a few days. We went there to take care of a few things that were absolutely necessary and could not be done through he mail or the Internet.

So, we had a choice of driving down or flying. We choose flying and I was very glad we did. Getting there inn two hours beats driving 17 hours anytime.

We bought a package which included flying and hotel and it worked out just fine. The weather was great meaning extremely hot and humid. We also had time to do some beaching which was great because the hotel was right on the beach.

My wife's daughter lives there so we had plenty of time to be with her, too.

We did our business then we beached then dinner and walked around a lot. Daytona Beach is a very nice seaside community with hotels and condominiums lining the oceanfront. One is larger than the other and each one is tastefully colorful.

I am nuts about palm trees and I was happy because I had the chance to see large and healthy palms. St. Maarten is also palm country but somehow those are all sickly looking now that I can compare them to another location.

The place is nice and quiet. There were many vacationers but the town was not overrun with them. Daytona has a few annual events like the Daytona 500 NASCAR Race, the Harley Davidson gatherings, antique cars show and these bring large crowds to the town.

Last year when we were there was one of the Harley Davidson gatherings and I tell you it was very interesting. It gave lots of life to the town.

I don't know, maybe when I get old I'll retire there. One never knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment